Chocolate And Coffee Cake
- Beat butter and sugar, add beaten eggs a little at a time.
- Sieve cocoa with flour and coffee powder and fold into mixture.
- Divide into two greased 8" sandwich tins and bake in a pre-heated oven 190°c (375°f/Gas mark 5) for ½ hour.
- Cream butter and icing sugar, dissolve cocoa powder and coffee essence in boiling water.
- Beat into butter cream.
- Sandwich cakes together using some of the butter icing and spread remainder on top.
- Decorate with flaked almonds.
- 200g/7oz Neills Self Raising Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter
- 200g/7oz Caster Sugar
- 25g/1oz Cocoa
- 4 Eggs(Beaten)
- 2 Teaspoon Coffee Powder
- 110g/4oz Butter
- 110g/4oz Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Essence
- 2 tablespoon Boiling Water
- Flaked Almonds to decorate