Chocolate Orange Cake
- Heat the oven to 160°c (325°f/Gas Mark 3). Grease and line, with greased proof paper, a 7" round cake tin.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat well for about 2 minutes, until thoroughly blended.
- Turn into the tin, smooth the top and then bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake is well risen, has shrunk slightly from the sides of the tin and will spring back when lightly pressed with the fingertips.
- Turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 136g/4 1/2oz Neill's Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Soft Margarine
- 75g/3oz Caster Sugar
- 50g/8oz Plain Chocolate
- 12g/1/2oz Cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Grated Rind and Juice of 1 Orange