Lemon and Walnut Loaf
- Grease and line a 2lb (900g) loaf tin.
- Sieve flours into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the caster sugar, lemon rind and walnuts.
- Combine the eggs and milk and pour into the mixture all at once.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake at 170°c (325°f/ Gas Mark 3) for approximately 1 ¼ hours.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack.
- Heat lemon juice and granulated sugar until dissolved.
- Spoon over still hot loaf and leave to cool.
- Serve sliced with butter.
- 200g/7oz Neill's Golden Fleece Plain Flour
- 100g/4oz Neill's Self Raising Flour
- 175ml/6fl oz Milk
- 175g/6oz Softened Butter
- 175g/6oz Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz chopped Walnuts
- 4 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- Grated rind of 1 Lemon