- Grease and line an 8" square or round cake tin.
- Clean fruit, cream butter and sugar together, beat in eggs, one at a time with a little flour to avoid curdling.
- Add the remainder alternately with the dried fruit.
- Add the crushed pineapple and one tablespoon of juice.
- Turn into prepared tin.
- Place in centre of moderate oven. 160°c (320°f/Gas Mark3) for 2 ½ Hours approximately.
- 350g/12oz Golden Fleece Plain Flour
- 225g/8oz Raisins
- 225g/8oz Sultanas
- 225g/8oz Drained Crushed Pineapple
- 200g/7oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 175g/6oz Butter
- 75g/4oz Mixed Peel
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs