Rich Ginger Cakes
- Place margarine, sugar, treacle and chopped ginger in a small saucepan with the water. Melt slowly over low heat.
- Turn into a bowl, add bicarbonate of soda and beaten egg.
- Gradually mix in flour and ground ginger.
- Turn into well greased and lined 9" x 6" x 2" tin.
- Bake in centre of oven 180°c (350°f/Gas Mark 4) for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn onto wire tray to cool, cut into squares and sprinkle with sieved icing sugar.
- 225g/8oz Neill's Golden Fleece Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Margarine
- 125g/4oz Granulated Sugar
- 125g/4oz Treacle
- 125g/4oz Crystallised Ginger
- 1 Small cup of water
- 1 Level Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger