Three Egg Sponge
- Grease two 6" or 7" sandwich tins.
- Mix a little flour and sugar together and use this to evenly coat the greased tins.
- Beat whites of eggs until stiff, whip in sugar and water and whisk until mixture shines, add yolks and beat until evenly coloured.
- Fold in flour and lemon rind until smooth, divide into tins
- Bake in hot oven. 190°c (375°f/Gas Mark 5) for 10-15 minutes until firm and nicely coloured.
- When cold, sandwich together with jam and whipped cream.
- 125g/4oz Neill's Self Raising Flour
- 150g/5oz Caster Sugar
- 1Tablespoon Warm Water
- 3 Large Eggs, separated
- Little grated Lemon rind
- Whipped cream