Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation time:25 minutes
Makes: 20 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy
- Beat the golden syrup into the butter and sugar with the vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chunks until they are just combined
- Take a teaspoonful of the mixture, roll it into a ball, then place on a greased baking tray, flattening it slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, allowing plenty of room for the cookes to spread while baking. The mixture should make about 20 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Something else to try
To make double chocolate chip cookies, replace 25g of flour with 25g of cocoa powder
- 160g Neill's self-raising flour
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 x 15ml spoon golden syrup
- 5ml spoon vanilla essence
- 150g chocolate (milk, dark or white) broken into 0.5cm chunks
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- measuring spoons
- baking tray
- cooling rack
- oven gloves