Everyone loves cup cakes, from kids to the most fashionable wedding cake treat. Here's a great quick all in one recipe for cup cakes, either make in a blender or all in one method where you simply mix in the bowl.
- Place all ingredients together in a blender or bowl – the Neill's Self Raising Flour, baking powder, softened fat, caster sugar, lightly beaten eggs, vanilla and lemon rind.
- Beat together until smooth and creamy, approximately 1 minute in a blender or 2-2½ minutes in a bowl.
- Transfer to individual bun cases placed in a small muffin 12 bun tin and fill two-thirds of each case. No need to smooth, just bake at 375°F/Gas No 5 for 15-20 minutes approximately until well risen, firm and golden.
Decorate as you like, with icing, butter cream or coloured decoration or simply dusted with icing sugar and lemon. Kids of all ages will love them.
- 225g/8oz Neill's Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g/6oz butter or softened margarine
- 150g/6oz natural caster sugar
- 3 medium free range eggs – lightly beaten
- ¼tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 1 small lemon – rind only