Mini Mince Pie Cupcakes
There are times when the thought of making and rolling pastry just seems too much, so here is my quick solution for this year - Mini Pies in a Cupcake. Quick to make, will store well and great warm or cold.
Try using them as a quick dessert with vanilla or lemon ice-cream.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next add the eggs, flour and baking powder alternatively mixing well between each addition.
- Add the spices, milk, vanilla and finally the mincemeat. Only mix lightly to allow a slight marbling effect.
- Transfer to mini muffin cases and bake in oven @ 180°C/350°F and cook for approximately 15-17 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a cooling tray and when cool decorate with butter icing or simple glacé icing made by mixing together the icing sugar and water.
- Spoon over the cupcakes and decorate as you choose with cherries, edible holly and berries or almonds or candied fruit such as ginger or apricots.
- 175g/7oz Neills Self Raising Flour
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 100g/4oz softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 dsp milk
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon and mixed spice
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 6 dsp sweet mincemeat
- 100g/4oz icing sugar
- 2-3 dsp warm water
- Holly and Berry – edible decorations
- 2 mini 12-hole muffin trays
- Paper cases