This recipe makes 12 to 18 pancakes
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl flour and add the sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and then add the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until bubbles appear.Transfer to a jug for ease of pouring.
- Heat a frying pan and add a tiny drop of oil, just enough to very lightly grease the pan.
- Pour enough batter mix into cover the pan and when air bubbles appear flip/turn over to cook other side.
Serve hot with lemon juice and sugar.
It is best to make the batter mix the night before or early in the morning.
- 225g / 8oz Neill's Self Raising Soda Bread Flour
- 75g / 3oz Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 284ml / ½ pint Buttermilk