Chocolate Chip Squares
- Set oven at 180c (350f/Gas mark 4). Grease and line an 11x7x1 inch tin.
- Cream together butter/margarine and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift together the flour with baking soda and salt, then mix into creamed mixture with chocolate chips.
- Spoon into tin and press down well.
- Bake towards top of oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool then mark into squares.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares and removing from tin.
- 225g/8oz Neill's Golden Fleece Plain flour
- 175g/6oz Butter or margarine
- 125g/4oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 125g/4oz Chocolate chips
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt