Strawberry Jam Biscuits
Sometimes the simple and traditional recipes come out top and this is one of these recipes. With the addition of coconut and strawberry flavouring to this traditional biscuit recipe we can create a modern tasty biscuit.
These make excellent and dainty treats for tea parties and are sure to impress!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolk and continue to mix until well combined.
- Beat in the strawberry flavouring.
- In a separate bowl sieve the flour and salt together. Mix in the coconut.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir until all ingredients are combined and form a stiff dough.
- Take 1tbsp of the dough, roll between your hands to form a ball. Place on a baking tray and press down slightly.
- Use the end of a spoon to make a dent in the centre of the dough.
- Using a piping bag filled with jam fill the dent being careful not to overfill, as it will bubble over during cooking.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 mins as the jam will be very hot!
Recipe created by Baking Bar
More recipes available at bakingbar.co.uk
- 290g NEILL'S® Golden Fleece Plain Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 230g Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 0.5tsp Salt
- 1tsp Strawberry Flavouring
- 100g Desiccated Coconut
- ~50g Strawberry Jam