- Boil the potatoes for 10–12 minutes before straining, cover with a tea towel or lid of the pan.
- To allow them to steam for a few minutes, add the flour and shake lightly but do not allow to break up. Tip into a roasting dish with a hot sizzling fat and roast for 35–40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
Honey Roasted Parsnips with Sesame and balsamic
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the peeled and sliced parsnips in a tray, sprinkle over the balsamic, honey & sesame seeds until well coated, coat with oil.
- Roast until tender & golden. Approximately 25 mins.
- Sprinkle a few chopped pecans sprinkled over the top.
- Bubble the stock and sherry together in the roasting dish.
- Add the plain flour, blended with a little cold water, add to the slightly cooled stock along with the red currant jelly.
- Stir well until thickened and serve.