1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F/Gas Mark 3).
2. Sieve the flours, soda and salt into a bowl, add the oatmeal and sugar and mix well.
3. Heat together the treacle and butter, when melted add the stout and milk. Stir well.
4. Combine the dry and liquid mixes, the resulting dough will be quite wet. Pour into a pre greased 450 g loaf tin dusted with oats and pumpkin seeds, sprinkle remainder on top and bake for 1 hour
5. The loaf should sound a little hollow when tapped underneath, allow to cool before slicing.