Preheat oven to 180c / 350oF / Gas Mark 4
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mix one by one, ensuring each is combined before adding the next.
- Stir in the flour.
- Stir in the vanilla extract
- Pour into a loaf or round cake tin lightly greased and lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 35 mins or until when a skewer entered comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before spreading with jam and drizzling with the shredded coconut.
Recipe created by Baking Bar. More recipes available at www.bakingbar.co.uk