These muffins are a great treat for Christmas morning
These muffins are made by the all in one method adding all the main ingredients to the bowl and beating lightly.
- Sieve the self raising flour plus baking powder into a bowl add the ground almonds, cranberries, walnuts & cinnamon.
- Beat together the softened butter, sugar, eggs until soft and creamy (approximately 2–3 minutes).
- Add the butter mixture to the flour with vanilla and mix lightly (do not over beat).
- Transfer to lined muffin tins and spoon the mixture two-thirds full. Top the muffins/cakes with Demerara sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 190° / Gas Mark 5 for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold dusted with icing sugar on their own.